EXAMPLES OF CHOICE YOUKAI
- the one thats just a weird fat stinky body with no head wandering around in a graveyard at night (nuppeppo)
- akaname the filth licker. it is a spirit that licks your dirty bathroom clean with poisonous saliva. one of the many toilet ghosts
- the shirime. a monster with an eye instead of a butthole and it jumps out and scares you with its eye butthole
- ashiarai yashiki. its a giant foot that crashes through the ceiling and screams at you to wash it and if you dont itll stomp your whole house. but if you do it might give u presents
- tofu kozo. just a little guy who carries around tofu and gives people tofu
Oh shit they’re bringing back Muckman and Joe Eyeball for the 2012 series
I’ll miss Joe being a weird warty toad-slug-squid-goblin but being one tiny eyeball that lives in Muckman is adorable too.
empyreanobscure asked: Is krasue an alternate name for pennanggalan or did two floating intestine head detachable vampire woman legends develop independently?
There’s actually loads of “floating female heads with tentacle entrails” vampires throughout Southeast Asian folklore and even a ways beyond, and nobody’s quite sure where the idea began.
"Krasue" is Thailand’s most common term for it.
I’m a big advocate for these catching on and going more mainstream in the rest of the world. I mean, they’re already well known to almost half the planet’s population, so what’s even stopping them? We sorely need an injection of grotesque, completely horrifying vampires again.
I realize we would probably water them down until we have books and movies that are basically Twilight with more prehensile intestines but at least that’s still an improvement any way you slice it.
writing tip #898:
remember, a line removed is a line with neither spelling, grammar or stylistic errors; so deleting all your lines will remove all problems with your manuscript